Information for Therapeutic Volunteers
We take our volunteers at Still Meadows very seriously. You are the folks who have created and continue to help us function and expand. We would not be here without the many tireless hours that you have given our special friends. In 2014, volunteers put in 20,000 hours and we had over 2,000 visits from our special friends. In 2019, as we continue to grow and care for more participants; we are looking at 20,000+ volunteer hours to cover all of our bases.
2020 Volunteer Application:
Do We Need Your Help?
Just use your imagination, and we can use your help!
Where We Need Your Help!
- Summer Day Camp (help with crafts, activities, games, cooking, just talking to campers)
- Therapeutic Riding (side walking with riders, leading, saddling, brushing, gathering class materials)
- Projects (building projects, cleaning, painting, gardening and grounds)
- Fundraisers (posting fliers, helping with food, all kinds of jobs)
What We Look For:
- People with administrative and computer skills
- Lawn and facilities maintenance workers
- Camp week volunteers (even if it is only for one day)
- Buddies to walk and talk with our campers
- Individuals who know sign language
- Therapeutic riding volunteers who are comfortable with horses.
Looking for Things to Do?
Theraputic Horseback Riding
ADA Tree House
“I volunteered here last year through JMU and the staff members were very friendly; I was able to see a good deal of the property and views of the mountains are great!”
“The camp is a wonderful place for individuals with disabilities (and without) to enjoy the beauty of the valley, interact with animals, look out at the rounds from the wheel chair accessible tree house, swing on the handicap accessible swing and just enjoy nature. It truly is God’s camp!”