What We Offer
Theraputic Horseback Riding
Faith and Worship
Still Meadows was developed to provide therapeutic activities in a safe, creative, country setting located in the Shenandoah Valley. Our program is staffed with remarkably dedicated volunteers who share a commitment to serve our most fragile citizens. Still Meadows not only provides for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the participants, but we are also committed to families and caregivers, providing respite and time to regroup both physically and mentally. We have been serving children and adults with developmental and or physical challenges since 1997.
- PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REGISTRATION FORMS and the RELEASE FORM. Complete the FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE REQUEST FORM if you are requesting a scholarship.
- Fees: One-week Fee (Monday-Friday 8 am – 2 pm) $200.
Scholarships may be available if requested. The financial request form must be accompanied by a $25.00 processing fee which is non-refundable.
- Snacks will be provided.
- Limit 15 campers per session.
2022 Camp Weeks:
*Registration closes the Wednesday before the Camp week begins*
Qualifications for Admission to Summer Sessions:
- People with developmental and/or physical disabilities
- Toilet trained or accompanied by aide
- At least 8 years of age
- Individuals with frequent aggressive behaviors cannot be served during camp sessions at Still Meadows. Please contact the office @ 540-833-2072 if you have questions or concerns.
- Face Masks/Face Shields optional for campers and staff.
Forms and Applications
Application, Release and Waiver, and the Financial Aid Application (if needed) must be completed, signed and returned with the camp fee. Email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to us. Sessions fill quickly and those who have submitted payment will be guaranteed enrollment. Confirmation by mail or email will follow. If you have any questions please call 833-2072.
Financial Aid Form:
A refund of $175 is honored ($200 less $25 processing fee = $175) for cancellations that occur at least two weeks before the start date of camp. If a cancellation occurs during the two weeks just before camp and a replacement cannot be found, the camp fee will be forfeited. Medical emergencies are the exception.
Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- The movement of the horse’s gait positively affects balance, muscle control and strength.
- The allure of being able to ride a horse motivates individuals to increase concentration, patience and discipline (as they follow directions of the instructor).
- The unique relationship formed with a horse can help improve interpersonal relationships (kindness, communication, positive interactions).
- The accomplishment of having ridden a horse provides an enormous boost to self-esteem and coping skills.
- Riding Sessions are 5 weeks long, every Tuesday, from 7 pm – 8 pm.
- Cost is $150, however, scholarships are available.
Riding Instructor: Sara Kate Moore
Session 1: April 19 – May 17
Session 2: May 31 – June 28
Session 3: July 12 – August 9
Session 4: August 23 – September 20
Their Web Site provides additional information, along with pictures of tree houses they have already created. They now have information about our tree house listed!
We would like to thank Rick and Jane Smith for their help with this project. They worked with Forever Young Tree houses to make this dream possible. They helped organize, plan, and generate funds for the tree house. We truly appreciate their efforts. Thank you to The Gravity Group for all of their support and assistance.
We would like to extend a special thank you to all who donated to the tree house project. Without your support we could never have made make this dream a reality.
Faith and Worship
These gatherings are a time for our participants to learn about and worship God in a beautiful and peaceful setting. They are a great way to get out of the church and enjoy celebrating faith in a different way. The services are presented by Pastor Dave Gullman from Pleasant View. We encourage anyone who is interested to attend alongside our participants. They are held at the camp at 7:00 on various Fridays throughout the year.
Currently Postponed until further notice.